Dutton Recruitment are recruiting for:
A Mechanical Project Manager for a permanent position in the Peterborough area to start as soon as possible.
The work will be working on a gas compressor upgrade in the Peterborough area on the National Grid.
The works comprise of installing 2 new gas compressors and all associated steelwork and pipework
To directly manage a specified large size project and, possibly through others, a portfolio of smaller projects to deliver efficient and effective execution of client requirements.
The Job Holder shall report to the Operations Director/Construction/Project Manager as applicable on the Project Organogram.
1 Management of a project in its entirety in accordance with Company and Client's Procedures, ensuring full compliance with contractual responsibilities.
2 Programming and progressing the project in accordance within the agreed contract periods and ensuring productivity at site is managed effectively to meet the estimated allowances.
3 Implementation of the project Quality Plan and Procedures.
- Provision and identification of trained personnel to carry out all quality control activities.
- Site administration and progress control of all sub-contractors.
- Responsible for implementation of the client's Safety Policy.
- Administration of Project E.R. Policies.
- Train and develop staff to meet the needs of the business
- To provide appropriate support to other members of the Team, during holiday absence, illness etc.
- The post requires a high level of time management skills as much of the workload associated with this position is time critical. Punctuality and flexibility are key attributes associated with this position
- The Job Holder will frequently have to manage sensitive and highly confidential information therefore a high level of discretion is required.
- Ensure that high standards of workmanship are maintained.
- The post requires a proactive attitude and a significant input into the maintenance and enhancement of the highest standards of health and safety.
- Ensure that harmonious relations are maintained with our client's representatives.
- To have a positive input into forging a company team spirit.
- To have a willingness, to attend and actively participate in all internal and external training courses.
- General good health and physically mobile to enable travel between various buildings and locations.
Qualifications - good basic education to HND Level and some formal management training e.g. NVQ Level 4/5
Job related experience - Have extensive practical experience in a similar position on medium or large mechanical engineering installations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Commercial awareness and basic knowledge of relevant practical applications or contract law
- Technical knowledge of construction best practice in mechanical construction
- Awareness of project management best practice
- Good people management skills and a knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching
- Ability to communicate effectively with the client's employees and the client.
- Good Organisational ability
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to communicate with and lead project teams consisting of members of different divisions within our client's business.
- Provision of a welding qualification and experience of working to and complying with Client specifications such as National Grid and the oil and gas sector.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1).
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.