Cathcart Energy are recruiting for an experienced Wind Turbine Technician and a Team Lead (seperate roles) to work for a multi-national energy company servicing large wind turbines in the Dumfries and Galloway area.
You will be expected to deliver scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services to Gamesa G80/ G87 series turbine projects in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines. Experience with these models or their Vestas equivilent are essential requirements for this position and a knowledge of other wind technologies will be a plus.
Please note, applicants who do not possess proven experience with either Gamesa or Vestas turbines or in the Wind Industry will NOT under any circumstances be accepted for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualification in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines to NVQ3 level (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience)
- Previous accreditation as AT/AE under WTSR
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of plant networks and control systems
- Ability to work nights and weekends required
- Able to work safely at heights
- Ability to climb 80 meter steel towers on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing 1 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items from 61 to 100 pounds.
- Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possession of comprehensive writing skills to meet contractual reporting obligations.
- Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice. Participates in an on-call schedule.
- Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to safely work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Weight must not exceed 275 lbs. excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
The employer offers a very competitive salary, with the opportunity for additional earnings through overtime, and a company vehicle.
The working hours are Monday - Friday with one in three weekends on call.
To apply contact Hamza Jabir or email your CV and brief covering letter to [email removed]