Opportunity for a talented quality manager to join a successful manufacturing company, who have invested over £10M in their South Wales plant, securing over 100 jobs. The business is part of a large global group, and the Swansea facility is a global centre of excellence for materials manufacturing. The recent investment has led to significant improvements in new product and prototype lead times, with the goal of achieving double-digit growth over the next three years. The culture is supportive with a flat structure and close-knit team-working ethos.
The company are currently looking for a quality manager to take ownership of the quality management system, reviewing and evolving the system as required. Taking responsibility for the embedding of procedures and ensuring compliance throughout the manufacturing facility. They will be responsible for leading a team of quality professionals on a day-to-day basis.
As the quality manager, your duties will include:
- Effective management of quality on site with a focus on customer satisfaction and an ongoing emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Managing quality personnel in their day to day activities.
- Developing and maintaining the ISO9001:2015 quality management system.
- Monitoring manufacturing performance and suggesting improvements.
- Taking ownership of customer audits/assessments and ensuring that the site continuously scores highly.
- Overseeing internal and external audits.
- Ensuring that quality systems are being adhered to across the site, using the authority of a managerial position to drive sustainable change within all teams.
- Communicating effectively with senior management across the site to develop QMS.
- Chair regular quality meetings, updating the management team.
- Ensure continued compliance with other accreditation certification e.g. DIN6701, including gaining additional certification as required for the supply of products into new markets.
- Eventually managing EHS personnel in their day-to-day activities.
- Assisting with ISO14001 and eventual accreditation to ISO45001.
To be successful in your application for the quality manager position, you will need the following.
- Previous experience in a senior quality role within manufacturing.
- Experience in safety-critical products and high inspection requirements would be an asset.
- Experience in managing auditing processes both internally and externally, for both certification purposes and with customer audits.
- A technical / engineering qualification (degree, HND, HNC, time served apprenticeship, etc.) is required.
- Experience in delivering improvements using lean / CI tools and techniques.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the UK and overseas occasionally.
In return, the quality manager will receive a salary of circa £45,000 (dependent on experience) plus an annual car allowance of £6,500, bonus of up to 30% and a pension.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.