Our client is a National M&E Company they are recruiting for a Project Coordinator to provide a comprehensive administrative, coordination and quality assurance support function to the Projects, Project Managers and Project Team. The role is ideal for anyone looking to build on their existing project administration and finance knowledge with plenty of exposure to project management practices.
Your key responsibilities will be to understand, anticipate and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships. Attend client meetings and actively engage with contract managers and Site Managers to understand project requirements. Positively respond to both internal and external customers through effective communication and personal accessibility. You will be the main Accounts contact within the team effectively managing invoicing, job costing and any associated procedures and documentation. Understand procedures and processes and operate them to the required standard.
Applicants must have previous Building Services /Facilities experience
- Maintain all finance reporting including forecasting reviewing, debt, Live Log, and monthly status reporting.
- Ensure all system financial reporting is up to date, accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Quality check and raise all subcontractor purchase orders.
- Quality check and raise all sales invoices.
- Gain approval for and approve all supplier invoices for company projects.
- Provide work order numbers and build active jobs on the system.
- Assist the Project Managers in the collation of system financials to ensure accurate Financial Tracker reporting.
- Establish folder templates for all new enquires and log on the relevant documentation.
- Maintain, actively update and manage the project pipeline report.
- Manage project team resources and distribute new enquiries as appropriate.
- Update procedure documentations and templates
- Produce and present monthly project review reports.
- Assist in the submission of selected new project tender opportunities including completion of pre-qualification questionnaires and invitations to tender.
- Input and submit all timesheets and expenses.
- Assist in the procurement process for all new suppliers and subcontractors requested by the team.
- Organize all team training and maintain training matrix.
- Apply for all project accreditations
- Order all IT equipment, stationary and welfare sundries for the team.
- Provide general administrative support to the Head of Projects.
- Organise all client events as required.
- Create and update all tender submission documentation design elements as required.
- Organise and set up any internal client presentation meetings.
- Manage team calendars with accurate leave, tender returns and meeting room bookings where applicable.
- Perform with an understanding of business requirements and changes, and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in a diverse and effective team.
- Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly.
- Assist in delivering projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible
- Ensure compliance with company project policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring positive cash flow through the maintenance of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications for payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days. Ensuring all supplier queries are resolved within 7 days.
- Assist in delivering effective business communication through contribution to team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad- hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- 12 months' experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of a customer-facing role.
- Some financial / accounting experience would be an advantage.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus.
- Excellent verbal and good basic standard of written, communication skills.
- Self-motivated and systematic.
- Results/ task orientated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Committed to customer service delivery.
- Reliable and committed.
- Confidential and discrete approach.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities.
- Smart appearance.
- Be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time
A good basic education is essential,
Desirable: Higher educational qualifications to 'A' level/HNC/D or degree in administration, finance or a Project related field would be beneficial or equivalent. Strong use of Microsoft Excel and written communication skills. Experience working with design software such as Indesign, Photoshop or Microsoft Publisher.
For further information please email [email removed] or call our Romford Branch on 01708 380 820