Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
Gas Engineers for a permanent role based in Gainsborough or Sheffield. Immediate starts are available.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for gas engineers to work with our prestigious client based in Gainsborough to play a pivotal role in reactive and planned maintenance on domestic gas systems.
Working with our client who provide over 6,500 quality, affordable homes to people across Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
- Visiting customer's homes and undertaking all gas related repairs and heating installs.
- Ensuring that the correct materials are identified and used to complete the work at the required quality standard.
- Undertaking multi-skilled works as and when required.
- Using and completing work details on a PDA hand held electronic device.
- Completing the necessary paperwork in relation to parts and material requisitions and orders in a neat and accurate manner and on time as directed by management.
- Identifying the extent of repairs and installations required on site, with the aim to complete in one visit, reporting any problems or further action required to the office.
- Being responsible for the regular timely maintenance and replenishment of vehicle material stocks.
- Liaising with tenants and your line manager concerning the timing and progress of work being
- Ensuring the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular checks for road-worthiness on vehicles for which you are responsible.
- Carrying out work activities in line with current Approved Codes of Practice and in accordance with Building Regulations and compliance with all Gas Safe procedures.
- Working in a safe manner in respect of adherence to health and safety regulations with regards to the safety of yourself, other workers, customers and the general public.
- Carrying out and work to localised risk assessments as your individual work task requires.
- Being flexible in working hours as the job demands.
- Being prepared to undertake further training and qualifications as the job role and changing legislation demands.
- ACS qualified to cover CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1 as a minimum standard and willing to learn new work streams.
- At least 2 years' experience working in the domestic gas field.
- Experienced in the area of gas installations and repairs, and able to provide evidence of past achievements in other similar roles
- A full UK driving licence.
- Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you'll be helping to bring real change to our customer's lives.
- NVQ Level Three in either or all the following: gas; plumbing; or heating and ventilation.
- A basic DBS check is required as this role includes working with vulnerable customers.
- Working either Gainsborough or Sheffield (subject to agreement as per your contract). You may be asked to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
- Flexible to cover shifts (over an annualised hour per year arrangement) of 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday. Your role may also include on call elements.
- You'll work 40 hours each week.
- At least 25 days annual leave every year, with bank holidays on top of this.
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
- The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training.
£29,000 - £32,000 dependant on experience.
This is a permanent Role.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and cards to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.