Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Quality Manager for a permanent position for a client based in the Scunthorpe area.
Immediate start available.
Scope of the Role:
- To be the site representative for all Quality aspects, leading and developing the organisation, operational and quality departments in terms of quality and business needs; in conjunction with customer specific requirements and business objectives in a continuous improvement cycle.
- Management, development and appraisal of the Quality Department on-site and off-site (for those based at customers' sites), developing a team structure to support the needs of the business.
- Management and coordination of day to day quality concerns at the customer, supplier and on site throughout all areas of supply and production.
- Communication and reporting (on a dotted line basis) to Corporate Quality Management UK / Europe in order to develop uniform methods and practices throughout all client locations.
- Development and implementation of the site Quality Management System in the framework of the European Integrated Management System (EIMS), Customer Specific Requirements and IATF 16949.
- Responsibility for coordinating all site audits; IATF, CCC and others as required.
- Management and development of customer relations, regular communication, good sound meeting cadence. Proactive activity on all perceived quality and systemic issues.
- Ensuring business tools such as Quality Alerts / QTS / SQTS / Fast Response are utilised to monitor and improve performance in parallel with customer reporting systems.
- Management of quality metrics on MOSIAC and ZODIAC and other internal client systems related to quality.
- To regularly review and check customer quality portals to establish whether any quality scores affect the site and whether they can be challenged.
- Promote and drive problem solving within the site, utilising proven methodologies to implement, verify and validate permanent solutions to known concerns and drive improvement with new products through lessons learnt.
- Ensure that all relevant internal audits are performed, and results reported and acted upon, leading to operational excellence.
- Reporting quality related KPI's on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Providing PPAP support to the Technical department.
- Develop and maintain a succession plan for all roles within the department.
- Full budgetary responsibility for the Quality Department budget - including manning, quality related equipment and service contracts.
Generic Success Measures:
- All customer supply metrics to be kept in green and to ensure that any reds have a root cause known with a robust action plan to resolve and avoid recurrence.
- Quality department budget to be kept in control and regularly reviewed.
- Quality KPI's to be in line with targets and maintained at green status.
- Develop the Quality Team to ensure they are multi-skilled and able to function at the highest level.
- These will be set annually on an individual basis (with a bi-annual review) and measured as part of the performance review process (PMP).
Desirable / Optional
Educated to a minimum of O Level / GCSE grade "B"
Fluent English language
Member of Chartered Quality Institute
Engineering degree in a technical discipline with demonstrable working experience within a similar role
Proven managerial experience in a Quality role within a challenging FMCG environment
Experience of working within the automotive industry
Influencing and persuasive style
"Can Do" attitude with propensity to problem solve
Excellent motivator, self-starting with an enthusiastic approach
Business / Functional Skills
Computer literate with Microsoft packages
Excellent communication skills at all levels
Excellent presentation skills
A typical working working week is Monday to Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am to 1:30pm.
Salary is £50000 per annum with other related benefits.
How to apply:,
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.