Applications for this job are closed.
Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Health and Safety/Quality Manager for a permanent position in Rotherham.
Our client have two factories based in Rotherham where they specialise in machining, fitting and fabrication work.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background.
* Establishment, maintenance and development of management systems in compliance with ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 international standards
* Liaise with external assessment authorities to verify conformance with ISO9001 (Quality), OHSAS 18001 (Health & Safety) and other legislative and insurance requirements
* Provision of advice on Health and Safety, Quality and product related regulatory requirements and standards to the company Directors.
* Provide H&S support to non company entities based at the manufacturing facilities and ensure compliance with appropriate company H&S procedures -e.g. fire evacuation.
* Keep abreast of and advise on forthcoming changes to legislation or standards.
* Liaise with enforcement authorities for Health and Safety (HSE), Quality (Trading standards), Environment or other appropriate body, in case of external complaints, recalls, claims or reportable incidents/accidents.
* Act as a point of contact for external customers and suppliers with regard to product quality.
* Promote understanding of company objectives for Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Aspects and a culture of participation in their achievement across the company
* Lead and assist the management team in development of processes to achieve company objectives
* Develop and communicate appropriate KPI data relating to achievement against objectives
* Oversee and assist management of H&S Corrective Action in all areas to establish a culture of Continual Improvement of Health, Safety & Welfare standards.
* Promote and participate in systems for Preventive Action to ensure that Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental and legislative aspects are integral to product and process design.
* Conduct Management Review meetings and drive resulting actions.
* Contribute to and promote continual improvement of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems across all areas.
* Participate in processes for selection and management of suppliers and ensure appropriate specification and performance of cover materials prior to introduction.
A knowledge of welding and site work would be advantageous as there will be site visits and audits involved.
Salary is around £38,000 per annum.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and qualifications to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.