Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Mechanical Maintenance Technician to support our client on a permanent basis at there Combined Cycle Gas Turbine site in Hertfordshire.
- Ensure consistent high levels of Housekeeping and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements particularly the Health & Safety at Work Act and the Environmental Protection Act.
- Prepare and manage required contracts in support of designated UK Thermal Station.
- Participate in the implementation of the Company Safety Rules as either Competent Person or Authorised Person (in accordance with development matrix) in order to ensure that safety from the system is achieved.
- Deliver service and maintenance Best Practice across at designated site.
- Manage contracts and provide supervision of designated people during plant overhauls.
- Proactive and creative approach to fault diagnosis and problem solving.
- Provide support on a 24/7 basis and ensure maintenance plans and targets for the team are achieved safely, on time, at or below budget, to the correct quality and within the environmental limits of the station.
- Support and deliver the Process Safety KPI's associated with areas of responsibility.
- Develop understanding of the business and Station objectives.
- Input into developing and managing budgets and costs.
- Undertake procurement activities within the Company policies and process, including developing technical specifications.
- Participation in delivery of major and interim inspections and overhauls at designated UK Thermal site, managing contracts and contractors in accordance with commercial requirements and statutory obligations
- Deliver hands on maintenance activities on mechanical equipment
- Maintain interfaces with suppliers, contractors and other parties.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including written reports.
- There is an expectation for occasional travel to each site to undertake work activities as the business requires.
- Computer literacy skills.
- At least 2 years' experience in the maintenance of a CCGT plant or in large-scale process industry, and
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Demonstration of team working skills.
- IOSH Entry Level Qualification to Managing Safely.
- Knowledge of budgets and contract management
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of working safely and health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Focused on achieving results and keen to develop skills
- Self motivated with a flexible approach.
- Ability to support other disciplines with work planning and plant diagnostics.
Rate of pay is £43,067 (dependant on experience) plus relevant allowances.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.