Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Health and Safety Lead for a permanent position in Stocksbridge.
Immediate start available.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Lead to lead, drive, and implement a focused strategy for High Value Manufacturing to ensure the achievement of Business Health, and Safety objectives and targets.
Maximise opportunities for the development and implementation of best practice HS systems that improve the control of risk in High Value Manufacturing.
Focus on developing and implementing our client's Health and Safety Management System and the achievement of ISO45001.
In addition to supporting the HVM Business Unit role, actively contribute to the development of best practice HS standards, systems, and practices for our client's to secure the desired performance improvements across the legal entity.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of the annual HS improvement process within the areas of responsibility that is consistent with our client's Business Health and Safety improvement plan.
- Establish and coordinate the HS aspects of Operational Control, specifically:
- Developing and promoting the 'Safety Pyramid', ensuring hazards are continuously identified and closed.
- Advising Plant Managers which daily / weekly metrics to review in their Daily Operations Meeting.
- Ensuring Walk The Floor routines are developed and fit for purpose.
- Ensuring the weekly plant HS meetings are productive
- Leading the HVM Monthly HS Review
- Manage and develop the members of the High Value Manufacturing HS Team, specifically accomplish the following:
- Ensuring application of the company Health and Safety policy and standards in a way that is consistent with the Speciality Steels organisation and arrangements.
- Establish best practice Health and Safety standards, systems and practices within areas of responsibility and promote their implementation for the wider benefit of the Business.
- Ensure that emergency plans are maintained and are effective within High Value Manufacturing.
- Provide a professional health and safety advisory service within High Value Manufacturing that supports managers in their health and safety responsibilities.
- Lead and contribute to the development of the Speciality Steels Health and Safety Management System including standards and instructions.
- Monitor HS systems and processes for compliance and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the HS training and development of local managers to ensure their competence to meet corporate and legal accountabilities.
- Statistical analysis and monitoring of safety information to enable identification of causes and trends in High Value Manufacturing.
- Maintain the relationship with and be the primary point of contact with the following:
- Regulators (HSE, Competent Authority) and area.
- Recognised representative bodies, in respect to HS affecting employees and contractors.
- In the event of a serious accident in the area, actively lead and direct the accident investigation to ensure all potential learnings are identified and acted upon.
The Health and Safety Lead is expected to:
- Support High Value Manufacturing in the development of their strategy and deliver positive Health and Safety results from its implementation within the areas of responsibility.
- Become part of the Management team for his/her area of responsibility and as such will discharge their responsibilities as part of that team.
- Provide a total HS service to the areas of responsibility to support the drive for accident and injury improvements.
- KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent, and with professional functionally qualifications i.e. NEBOSH Diploma and Process Safety knowledge.
- Strong strategic awareness and extensive HS experience, ideally in a heavy manufacturing industry, and have operated at management level.
- Demonstrate the vision and depth to define and articulate HS strategy and policy in a persuasive and confident manner in order to influence the senior management population within area of responsibility.
- A proven ability to engage and influence Safety Representatives to harness their contribution to improving HS performance.
- Demonstrable good verbal communication and listening skills coupled
- Numerate, with good analytical skills
- Determined, quality orientated, organised and disciplined
- Able to uphold and maintain systems/standards
- Change Agent, willing to challenge the status quo.
Salary is between £30,743 and £59,693 per annum.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment is working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.