Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Crane Technician for a permanent position in Stocksbridge.
Immediate start available.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Crane Maintenance Technician to work within our client's crane maintenance team in Stocksbridge.
The crane technician role is required to work as part of a team or at times alone, where all team members must be able to understand safe working procedures and apply recognised safety practices.
Team members must be self-motivated and highly flexible.
The Stocksbridge facility has a wide variety of cranes including large and modern cranes and provides essential services to enable Stocksbridge to deliver hundreds of thousands of tonnes of specialised steel to our customers. Our client's cranes are critical to our client's success.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Performing routine crane inspections
- Reporting on crane condition
- Performing planned maintenance tasks on cranes
- Performing injected repairs to cranes to meet customer demands
- Diagnose and rectify faults found from customer requests to implemented solutions
- Perform root cause analysis as required, either alone or part of a team
- Actively increase crane availability
- Play an integral role in further developing best practice
- Developing and broadening your skillset to enhance career progression within our client
- Undertake and utilise provided training in specialised fields
To be successful within this role:
- You will be an Apprentice trained technician with significant experience in Mechanical or electrical inspection and repair work in a heavy industrial environment preferably involving Crane maintenance and fault finding.
- Qualifications in electrical and mechanical craft qualifications is highly regarded for this role.
You ideally will have a working knowledge of the following:-
- Gears and Drives, Couplings, Bearings and Wheels
- Stripping and assembly of Mechanical components
- Structures, particularly to Cranes and lifting equipment
- Working at height
- Inspection techniques for EOT and Jib Cranes
- Complex lifting and slinging
- Ropes and lifting equipment inspection qualifications
- Lubricants and Lubrication systems
- Cutler Hammer / Igranic AC & DC Crane control systems.
- AC & DC medium to large motors.
- Inverter drives and control systems.
- Rotary Cam & Hunting Tooth limit switches.
- Electrical testing methods and fault finding skills.
Salary is £35,838 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance).
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.