The Role (but not limited to):
- Audits, inspections and incident investigations of the relevant operational area to ensure legal compliance, ensuring these are completed with a thorough and timely approach, including root cause analysis and corrective action close out
- Develop and promote a positive safety culture within relevant operational area through effective coaching, training and engagement activities
- Organising and planning of regular health, safety and environment meetings and effective contribution therein
- Continually keep abreast of industry trends and maintaining good awareness of relevant health and safety practices
- Ensuring objectives and targets for relevant operational area are managed effectively and proactively driven
- Prepare and participate as required with external audits by relevant authorities, customers etc.
- Assist and support in the creation, implementation and review of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Method Statements.
- Work collaboratively with other H&S team members to deliver management and employee training on H&S related topics
- Management of contractors including PQQ, induction, monitor and review.
- Communicate and facilitate environmental initiatives proactively
- Assist in responding to environmental incidents in line with Company policy and reporting requirements
- Ensure the relevant operational area has the resource and facilities required for emergency situations
- Strong communication skills
- NEBOSH Diploma qualification or equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the business
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload demands and prioritise tasks effectively
- Previous experience in a heavy industry/manufacturing background
- Demonstrable experience of coaching, motivating and engaging both management and employees in health, Safety and Environment matters
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office package
- Generous holidays
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Other Benefits