Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
An NDT Technician/Welding Inspector for a permanent position in Sheffield.
Immediate start available.
This position will be reporting to the Production Manager and working closely with other Quality and Engineering Managers.
The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of welding and NDT inspection.
You will be expected to help specify any capital equipment requirement and demonstrate efficiency improvements and payback as well as control the implementation process of any new equipment to assist and improve the welding and NDT process.
- Control of welding related consumables and gas.
- NDT Contract review involvement in estimating NDT requirements.
- NDT Inspection and control of sub-contract NDT requirements.
- Job Card NDT related auditing.
- Control of test certification for weld consumables and gas alongside RWC.
- Supply of documented NDT reports to customer.
- Carry out MPI, Dye penetrant, Visual and UT testing as required.
- Monitor and oversee WPQR and welder qualifications.
- Train and develop other employees on welding related subjects.
- Participate in welder prolongation reviews.
- Assist RWC with Welding surveillance and ensure WPS followed.
- Report and document supplier non-conformances.
- Checking and scanning in test certification to the relevant job files regarding NDT.
- Quality, Inspection and test plan sign off regarding NDT requirements
- Participate in technical reviews and project handovers.
- Authorise work in progress or finished goods for dispatch on completion of NDT alongside the quality department.
- Assist in ensuring that material is segregated to facilitate our BSEN 1090 approval at all times and that all CE and none CE materials are marked and identifiable.
- Ensure that contract handover is carried out and then passed down to the relevant people to ensure that all the specific job requirements and potential issues are discussed with the shop supervisors and quality departments.
- To ensure that the relevant welders being used to perform the welding activities are qualified to those specific work scopes.
- Support with technical documentation packs and LTQR records
- Assist in carrying out welding set calibration and equipment and log.
- Support in and document customer NCR's
- Contribute to Lessons learnt register.
- Maintain key performance indicators KPI's
- Audits participation, Internal, external and third party as required.
Ideal Skills & Qualifications
- PCN Level 2 - 3 In VIS, DPI, MPI & UT.
- CSWIP 3.1 (Ideal).
- Good knowledge of welding steel fabrications.
- A high Level of experience within steel fabrication & welding
- Computer literate in excel, word, and other Microsoft applications
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Salary is £30,000 per annum plus other relevant benefits.
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.