Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A CNC Setter/Operator for a permanent position in Sheffield.
Immediate start available.
Responsible to: Works Manager
To prepare, machine and finish components or products to meet customers specifications.
The main duties for this position are to:
- Interpret customer requirements from engineering drawings, sketches and written/verbal descriptions.
- Measure, mark out, cut materials to be machined.
- Set up and operate CNC Lathe. Ability to be flexible and operate other machines will be beneficial. Such as Manual lathes,, thread rolling machines, drills, saws, milling, grinding, marking and other machines.
- Finish components or products after machining if required.
- Care for and carry out preventative maintenance on machinery and tools.
- Report any damage or breakdown of tools and machinery.
- Check that the work meets the customer specification and record compliance on the order job sheet.
- Record weight of each designated batch of material used on the order job sheet and destock material used in the material stock book.
- Follow all quality procedures as laid down in the company Quality Manual.
- Follow all company safety procedures and work in such a manner so as to maintain the safety of yourself and others.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Works Manager.
Rate of pay is between £11.00 and £12.50 per hour depending on experience.
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.