Dutton Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor. A background in Food/Beverage production/manufacturing would be a great advantage here. For an opportunity to work with one of the regions best employers click 'Apply Now'.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00
Holiday Days: 33 + Stats
Salary: £42,000 P/A
The key elements of the Maintenance Supervisor role are :-
- To Lead the Site Engineering team in ensuring all machinery and ancillary equipment is fully operational and in optimum condition to maximise efficiency and reduce downtime.
- To ensure the department runs as efficiently and smoothly as possible, including the planning and co-ordinating of the day to day activities.
- To drive the continuous improvement of the Team and the Maintenance Systems and reduce unplanned downtime events.
You have a duty whilst at work to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions. You also have a duty to co-operate with the business in complying with any duty or requirement concerning health and safety at work. In particular, you must acquaint yourself with all the health, safety and fire rules and procedures in force on our premises and also at any client premises where you may work.
- Lead the site Engineering Team to achieve the best possible results from a fully engaged team.
- Actively manage the performance of the Engineering Team and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Plan and co-ordinate the daily work of the Maintenance Technicians and contractors.
- Ensuring the completion of onsite project works on time and within budget.
- Liaise with on site Management function to ensure smooth planning of Maintence tasks.
- Engage with group Engineering function ensuring practices, policies are upheld to ensure commonality and best practices are deployed.
- Implement and develop the site Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems to achieve a reduction in unplanned downtime events across the site.
- To ensure all maintenance activities are completed safely.
- To be part of the out of hours call out system and provide an escalation point for out of hours breakdowns.
- To comply with the company procedures and instructions and all times.
- To actively work to reduce the business risk from foreign bodies through compliance to the business's Process Standards and Post-Redresser maintenance procedures.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Experience of leading a team and delivering excellent results.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics.
- Experience in a similar role in a fast moving, high volume production or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet ever changing demands.
- Excellent and effective communicator at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Flexible with a positive approach.
If you're interested in finding out more about this role then please contact Jordan May at Dutton recruitment on 0114 232 4931 or 07523 513 282.