Applications for this job are closed.
Our globally respected client, due to continued business growth, is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic BID MANAGER to drive the bid process internally and to take full ownership from enquiry stage through to contract award.
Reporting to the Business Development Executive, the successful candidate must have a proven record of delivering multiple business proposals simultaneously within demanding constraints. You must be proactive, have a "hands-on" attitude and be able to communicate within different disciplines and levels across the organisation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a success story, working with international clients. The development of the latest technologies for the advancement of Global R&D.
Bid Manager Main responsibilities:
* Completion of Request For Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to the client.
* Lead and coordinate the preparation of bid packs and supporting information in line with the internal bid development process.
* Ensure all key stakeholders and informed and updated appropriately to ensure a smooth handover after contract award.
* Collaborate closely with commercial and technical experts to ensure proposals/or letter response are accurate and detailed.
* Ensure clients' Statement Of Work (SOW) and RFP documents are fully addressed by company subject matter experts and incorporated in proposals through a compliance matrix. If full compliance is not feasible, provide company's preferred position with a justification.
* Partner with project and resource managers in the preparation of a project schedule.
* Identify financial cost estimate risks and mitigate accordingly.
* Resolve technical, schedule and resource conflicts and ensure alignment with Heads of Department for company's proposed offering via the bid development process and other routes as appropriate.
* Maintain liaison with clients on proposal progress.
* Agree/negotiate the internal bid activity milestones and the proposal submission dates with clients. Lead all internal stage gate reviews.
* Assist with bid pricing to collate cost data, and present price suggestions in line with business goals and market conditions for recommendation and approval.
* Coordinate/support the contract negotiation.
* Provide inputs to the bid templates in association with business development
Bid Manager Essential skills and capabilities:
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
* Good working knowledge of pricing models.
* An appreciation of business contract terms & conditions and well as an understanding or risk management. An ability to interpret technical information.
* An effective communicator
* A strong command of written and spoken English
* Strong time management
* Financially literate and commercially astute
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Bid Manager Desirable Skills and capabilities:
* Experience of aerospace and/or defence bidding processes.
* Degree in a business, science, technology, engineering or mathematics subject.
* Project management within a technical environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.
Suitable previously held positions may include: Bid Manager, Bid Engineer, Proposals Manager, Proposals Engineer, Bid & Proposal Manager, Bid & Proposal Engineer, Commercial Manager, Bid Writer, Technical Author - jobs