Our major international client is looking to recruit on a permanent basis, a Production Engineer to their expanding team.
The Production Engineer will be responsible for devising and developing production and handling methods. Maintain the supply of tools, CNC programs & machinery for efficient manufacturing.
Production Engineer main roles and responsibilities
* Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
* Create & amend programs for all CNC machines using (Siemens NX CAM) and produce set-up sheets & tooling lists.
* Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
* Research & create business case for capital equipment.
* Management of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
* Train & develop engineers, operators and apprentices.
* Participate in CI
* Lead the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during implementation
* Design jigs, fixtures & tooling equipment necessary for production.
* Assess and set manufacturing labour times
Production Engineer - Experience
* Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
* Solid knowledge & understanding of metal cutting, turning & milling/drilling.
* Adept at programming CNC machine tools, using CAM software. Ideally Siemens NX
* Commercial experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
* Machinery manufacturer or rotating machinery or heavy/industrial machinery parts manufacturer background would be advantageous
Production Engineer - Ideally in addition to the above experience you will be educated to a minimum of HNC / HND level in a relevant mechanical/engineering/design discipline, however candidates with excellent career history and training will also be considered.
Production Engineer, CADCAM Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer - Apply ASAP